Sunday, October 24, 2010

Excuses, excuses

My name is Abby Pettit, and I am an excuse maker.
I admit that I have a reason for everything I do, or don't do, in my life. A sort of reassurance for myself, and any person an earshot away, that there is an explanation behind my choices, actions, voice, etc. Let's be honest, excuses are annoying and time consuming and weak. They are scrawny and without backbone.

Excuses are on the chopping block.

From this post forward, I will do my best to do my best. That is all. I will run when I can, but will not make excuses for the times that I don't or can't. I will open my arms to as many cultural experiences in our community-state-world as possible, but will not make excuses for those I can't (or don't want to) attend. I will work passionately, but will not make excuses for an off day. I will be the absolute best mother I can be, but will not make excuses for myself when I prove myself to be human, and therefor, with faults. I will love with all of my heart, and will not offer an excuse when the emotion I feel turns to tears.

With love and without excuses,
The Girl in This Red Hat

ps. This is a late night Sunday post, one that almost wasn't written. Then I realized if I didn't update my blog tonight, I would have to make an excuse to myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment